Guidance on Application for “Work Permit”

  1. Apply online for the “Notification of Foreigner’s Work Permit” and agree to work in China in principle.
  2. Apply for the Z visa or R visa at Chinese Embassies and Consulates abroad.
  3. Apply to the Foreign Workers Management Department for a “Foreigner’s Work Permit”.
  4. Apply for a work-type residence permit from the Public Security Bureau.

Basic requirements for foreigners working in China:

  1. The applicant should be at least 18 years old, be in good health, have no criminal record, be employed by a company registered in China, and possess the professional skills or knowledge required to take the job.
  2. The job the applicant takes should be in line with the needs of China’s economic and social development, and the applicant should be a professional urgently needed in China.
  3. The applicant should also follow other relevant laws and regulations for foreign workers.

Copy Editing

Tan Jia Chian

Layout Design

Tan Jia Chian